Across school teacher – Te Maru o Ngongotaha Kāhui Ako
Part time, Fixed term, Start Date: 10th February 2021, End Date: February 2023, FTTE up to: 0.4 (Specific 2 year contract for COL)
Certificated teacher employed within one of the 12 Te Maru o Ngongotaha schools for the 2 year period of the fixed term position.
The Te Maru o Ngongotaha Community of Learning | Kāhui Ako is seeking an experienced teacher for this across Kāhui Ako leader role (fixed-term 2 year contract) who can work collaboratively to support our community’s teachers to meet our achievement challenges.
We seek: Across School Leaders who can LEAD others to achieve measurable outcomes in one or more of the following aspects
● Trauma informed practice, alongside LSC’s
● Positive psychology
● CR&RP - specifically Rongohia te Hau, Kia Eke Panuku, Shadow Coaching, Cultural Capability, Principles of the Pedagogy
● Te Ao Maori
As per our achievement challenges (attached)
The role of the across Kāhui Ako teacher is:
● An exciting opportunity to make a difference to the educational opportunities for learners in Te Maru o Ngongotaha Kāhui Ako
● A great opportunity to work with your colleagues to support our community’s teachers and students
● A chance to make an important difference.
Applicants should have expertise and passion for at least one of the following:
● An understanding of Trauma Informed Practice
● Be familiar with aspects of positive psychology
● Have strong expertise in hauora based frameworks and systems
● Have experience in CR&RP
● Focus on improving teaching practices by developing Culturally Responsive and Relational Pedagogy, by leading within school leaders, working with senior management personnel and leading across the Kahui Ako, in order to meet the CR&RP achievement challenge - specifically Rongohia te Hau, Kia Eke Panuku, Shadow Coaching, Cultural Capability, Principles of the Pedagogy
● Work closely with the community leadership role to focus on the shared achievement challenges - Hauora, CR&RP, Te Ao Maori
● Promote best teaching practice within Te Maru o Ngongotaha Kahui Ako schools
Terms and conditions:
Included in the terms of employment for this role are:
A salary allowance of $16,000 per annum while you hold the role
A stipulated minimum timetabled class-contact hours. STCA: 'at minimum an average of eight (8) timetabled class-contact hours per week'. PTCA: 'at minimum a 0.5 FTTE classroom teaching load' – NZEI confirm that means 12½ hours a week.
In area schools – 'at minimum an average of 8 timetabled class-contact hours per week for teachers predominately teaching Y7–13 or 0.5 FTE of a classroom teaching load for teachers predominately teaching Y1–6)'.
Under the STCA, teachers may not hold more than 2 permanent management units while in this role.
Please refer to the relevant agreement for details and discuss any questions with your principal or union rep.
12th February, 2021 - Advertisement - within Te Maru o Ngongotaha Schools
5th March, 2021 4pm - Applications close
8th March, 2021 - Shortlisting of applicants
10th March, 2021 - Interviews with Principal panel (possible interviews on 11th if needed)
15th March, 2021 - Offer of position subject to National Advisor approval
TBA - National Advisor criteria checking begins
Position commences as soon as practicably possible